ADS

No Bake Cheesecake

No Bake Cheesecake

Cheesecake is one of my all time favorite desserts. I have made several different types of cheesecakes but they have all been baked cheesecakes. The no-bake cheesecake has always interested me and it was time to try making one. I found a lot of different recipes no-bake cheesecakes, many using different ingredients. In the end I decided to go with a whipped cream and cream cheese mixture to form the cheesecake. With the cheesecake recipe decided it was time to think about a crust. I like a simple graham cracker crust but I was thinking that it would be nice with some pecans in it as well. I then thought that instead of adding sugar and butter to form the crust that I could just use some maple syrup to both add some sweetness and bind it together. With pecans and maple syrup already there I could not pass up on adding some blueberries so I placed a few blueberries in the cheesecake filling and a few more on top along with some maple syrup. The no-bake cheesecake turned out really well! It was lighter that a baked cheesecake and it was nice and creamy and cool and refreshing and good. If I had a choice between a baked and a no-bake cheesecake I would probably go for the baked but the no-bake is excellent in its own way. On a hot summer day it is hard to beat a no-bake cheesecake which does not require you to turn the oven or even the stove.

Read the recipe »

No comments:

Post a Comment