ADS

Tilapia Baked in Tamarind Sauce

Tilapia Baked in Tamarind Sauce

I had recently come across a jar of tamarind paste in the back of my fridge that I had picked up a while ago and hardly used. I wanted to experiment some more with the tamarind and while I was searching for recipes I came across this one for tilapia baked in a tamarind sauce which sounded really good. I like baking fish in sauces as they come out nice and moist full of the flavour of the sauce. This particular tamarind sauce is a Thai recipe. One of the things that I like the most about Thai recipes is that they tend to try to balance sweet, sour, spicy and salty. It is a god idea to sample the sauce after everything has been added to it and then tweak it to your tastes. The tilapia baked in tamarind sauce turned out really well! The tilapia was nice and moist and the tamarind sauce was really tasty. I served the tilapia with some coconut jasmine rice which provided a refreshing contrast to the flavourful tilapia. So far I have really been enjoying tamarind and I look forward to using it again.

Ingredients:
1/2 tablespoon tamarind concentrate
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon palm sugar (or brown sugar)
1 teaspoon chili sauce
1/2 teaspoon shrimp paste
1 clove garlic (grated)
1 teaspoon ginger (grated)
1 tilapia fillet (of other white fish)
1 green onion (sliced)
1 red chili pepper (sliced)

Directions:
1. Heat the tamarind, water, lime juice, fish sauce, palm sugar, chili sauce, shrimp paste, garlic and ginger in a small sauce pan and stir to combine.
2. Taste test the sauce to ensure that the sweet, sour, salty and spicy aspects are balanced.
3. Pour 1/2 of the sauce over the tilapia in a baking dish and make sure that the tilapia is fully coated in it.
4. Cover with aluminum foil.
5. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until cooked, about 10-12 minutes.
6. Serve with the remaining tamarind sauce, sliced green onions and red chillies.

Similar Recipes:
Tom Yum Baked Tilapia
Shrimp and Avocado in Tamarind Sauce
Tilapia Baked in Salsa Verde

No comments:

Post a Comment