ADS

Onion Gratin

Onion Gratin

Recently I have been enjoying onions a lot and when I came across this recipe for roasted parmesan onions on Proud Italian Cook I knew that I had to try them soon. I thought that pairing them with the steak in green peppercorn sauce would be a nice fit. When you bake or roast onions they get all nice and soft and tender and they release their natural sweetness and they are just plain good! Add some melted golden brown cheese on top and a creamy wine sauce and you have one amazing side dish. The roasted onion gratin was an absolute treat! The onions were nice and tender and full of that magically sweet onion flavour. I am glad that I paired the onion gratin with such a strong main course as this side dish could easily steal the show from a lesser one. I have a feeling that these onions will be making a regular appearance on my dinner table.

Read the recipe »

No comments:

Post a Comment