ADS

Swordfish Steak with Mango Chutney on Curried Lentils

Swordfish Steak with Mango Chutney on Curried Lentils


When I was at the fish monger on the weekend I noticed that they had some nice looking swordfish steaks and it reminded me that I had not had swordfish in a really long time. I picked some up immediately and I was wondering what to do with them. When I got home I noticed the jars of the mango chutney that I had just made and I thought that the best way to enjoy those perfect looking steaks was to simply grill them, and a bit of mango chutney to liven things up could not hurt. I still had some lentils left that needed to be used and I though that I would continue with the curry theme that the mango chutney had introduced and I decided to make some curried lentils. I wanted a bunch of vegetables in the lentils and I ended up going with the classic three of onions, carrots and celery and I added some raisins for a bit of sweetness.

I am glad that I kept the swordfish steaks nice and simple and just grilled them because they turned out to be the best swordfish steaks that I have ever had. I ended up grilling them for about 2 minutes per side and they turned out just perfectly cooked through. They were still nice and moist and they had an amazing texture and a great flavour all by themselves. I could easily have eaten the steaks plain but the sweet, tangy and spicy mango chutney also went well with them. The curried lentils rounded out the meal nicely. The swordfish steaks were a great find and it is always nice to find new ways to enjoy my homemade mango chutney.

Swordfish Steak with Mango Chutney on Curried Lentils

(2 servings)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
2 swordfish steaks
1 tablespoon oil
salt & pepper to taste
2 cups curried lentils (see below)
2 tablespoons mango chutney

Directions:
1. Rub the oil onto the swordfish steak and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Grill until until cooked the desired amount, about 2-4 minutes per side.
3. Serve on bed of lentils with mango chutney garnish.

Curried Lentils


Ingredients:
1 tablespoon oil
1 small onion (chopped)
1 carrot (chopped)
1 rib celery (chopped)
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1 cup puy lentils
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 bay leaf
~2 cups water (or broth or stock)
1/2 cup raisins
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the onion, carrot, and celery and saute until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
4. Add the lentils, curry powder and bay leaf and cover in water.
5. Simmer covered until the lentils are al dente, about 20-30 minutes, adding the raisins about half way through.
6. Season lentils with salt and pepper.

Similar Recipes:
Sausage on Lentils and Greens
Swordfish with Amandine Sauce
Halibut with Lemon, Butter, Caper and Dill Sauce
Blackened Swordfish

No comments:

Post a Comment