ADS

Curried Pineapple Banana Bread (Siamese Loaf)

Curried Pineapple Banana Bread (Siamese Loaf)


I have experimented with adding curry to quick breads in the past and really enjoyed the results in the form of this curried chocolate chip banana bread and this curried mango bread. The curry adds an amazing aroma and flavour and a nice touch of warmth to the quick breads. A while ago I came across this recipe for a Thai pineapple curry banana bread with coconut on Clever Monkey Studio and I knew immediately that I would have to try it. Recently the the grocery stores have been full of pineapple and I recalled this recipe and set about making it. I had been looking forward to trying this bread because it called for a lot more curry powder than I had used in either of my loaves and I was interested to see how it would work. This tropical quick bread was just as easy to make as any other quick bread, which is to say that it was just a matter of mixing all of the ingredients and then baking until the loaf is perfectly golden brown. Of course the baking of the loaf filled my apartment with an amazing aroma and I was eagerly anticipating the results. The curried pineapple banana bread turned out great! The curry flavour worked really well with the pineapple and coconut though I think I might use a bit more coconut the next time that I make this bread. The increased amount of curry powder in the loaf also worked well. The curry flavour came more to the foreground and there much more heat which I really enjoyed. I am looking forward to breakfasts this week!

Curried Pineapple Banana Bread (Siamese Loaf)

(makes 1 loaf)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons curry powder
3 ripe bananas (mashed)
1/2 cup butter (melted)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 cup pineapple (cut into bite sized pieces)
2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes

Directions:
1. Mix the flour, baking soda, salt and curry powder in a bowl.
2. Mix the bananas, butter, sugars, egg and lime juice in another bowl.
3. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
4. Mix in the pineapple and coconut.
5. Pour the batter into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
6. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until a tooth pick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes.

Similar Recipes:
Curried Mango Bread
Curried Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Banana Bread
Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
Prawn and Pineapple Curry

No comments:

Post a Comment