ADS

Pineapple Sorbet


The current warmer weather in Vancouver just got me craving for some frozen treats! So it was about time I started to utilize the ice-cream maker attachment which I purchased some time back. It works with my KitchenAid mixer. I have many recipe books with mouthwatering frozen treats; but, the one I like best is "The Perfect Scoop" by David Lebovitz. I have tried several recipes from this book. I must admit they were simply superb! So, I'll be sharing some of the recipes with you in the near future. Hope you'll find time to whip out some frozen treats for your family or friends.


Recipe adapted from The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz


Pineapple Sorbet


Ingredients

1/2 Pineapple, peeled and cored (2 cups, 500 ml puree)
8 to 10 Tbsp (100 to 130 g) Sugar
1/2 Cup (125 ml) Water

Method

Cut the pineapple into chunks and puree in a blender with 8 Tbsp (100 g) sugar and the water until smooth. Taste, then add up to 2 Tbsp additional sugar, if desired.

Allow the mixture to chill thoroughly, then freeze it in an ice cream maker.


Note: Makes about 3 cups (750 ml)


No comments:

Post a Comment