ADS

Burgers Smothered in a Caramelized Onion, Mushroom and Blue Cheese Sauce

Burgers Smothered in a Caramelized Onion, Mushroom and Blue Cheese Sauce

Burger season is finally here and I have been waiting for it! A while ago I made a steak tenderloin in a mushroom and blue cheese sauce and while I was eating it I thought that the sauce would go great on a burger. I have just been itching to try the burgers with caramelized onions, mushrooms and blue cheese sauce ever since. Normally when I make burgers I make them with a theme where I add lots of flavours and ingredients directly to the burgers to add flavour and help keep them moist when they cook. This time however I wanted a basic, unflavoured burger so that the flavours of the sauce would not get lost. In an effort to make sure that the burgers stayed nice and moist I went with a fattier ground beef at about 70/30. The burger recipe itself is quite basic, being just the ground beef seasoned with some salt and pepper. The key to adding flavour here is to cook the burgers on high heat to caramelize or slightly char the outside while leaving the inside nice and moist. The burgers with caramelized onions, mushrooms and blue cheese sauce turned out nicely! The sauce was so tasty and it went really well on the burgers. Caramelized onions, mushrooms and blue cheese is such a great flavour combination! The burger patties themselves were nice and moist despite the high heat cooking. I served the burgers on slightly grilled whole wheat buns with a side of sweet potato fries.

Read the recipe »

No comments:

Post a Comment