ADS

Blueberry Mochi Cake

Blueberry Mochi Cake


I have only used mochiko or sweet rice flour one time before and that was to make daifuku which is a Japanese treat where the mochiko is turned into a sweet, sticky and chewy confection. I am always looking for new ways to use ingredients and when I came across a recipe for a mochi cake on The Food Librarian I knew that I would have to try it. I was very curious to see what kind of texture a cake made with mochiko would have given that I had never had it in a remotely cake like form before. Though I could have made the cake right away I liked the sound of the blueberry version so I held off until the local blueberries were available and I finally got to make it. The recipe is pretty straight forward though perhaps not for the faint of heart given that it contains a full cup of butter. The mochi cake turned out well and I was really pleased with the texture. It was nice and moist and buttery and a little dense, which added a nice chewiness. The blueberries also went really well in the cake and I am off to a great start to the local blueberries.

Blueberry Mochi Cake

(makes 12+ servings)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
1 cup butter (melted)
2 cups sugar
1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 pound mochiko (1 box)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup blueberries

Directions:
1. Mix the butter and sugar in a large bowl.
2. Mix in the evaporated milk and vanilla extract.
3. Mix in the eggs.
4. Mix in the mochiko and baking powder.
5. Mix in the blueberries.
6. Pour the batter into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
7. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until golden brown on top and a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.

Similar Recipes:
Lemon Yogurt Cake with Blueberries
Blueberry and Lemon Coffeecake
Blueberry Clafoutis

No comments:

Post a Comment