ADS

Fig and Brie Panini with Prosciutto

Fig and Brie Panini with Prosciutto


Summer is in full swing and we are just spoilt for choice. Not only are the markets filled with a ton of locally produced fruits and vegetables but they are also filled with great imports. In particular, I have been enjoying the figs lately. Mostly I have just been snacking on them but when I found some extra brie in my fridge I decided to do something more. After discovering that jams and preserves went well in grilled cheese sandwiches one of the first jams that I tried in a grilled cheese was a fig jam and I really enjoyed it. I was thinking that a grilled brie and fresh fig sandwich would also be great. This time I decided to beef (or pork in this case) the sandwich up a bit with some tasty prosciutto. The brie and fig panini turned out really well. The brie melted nicely and the sandwich was nice and ooey and gooey and good with every bite trailing strings of melted brie. The sweet fig, brie and prosciutto were a great combination and I practically inhaled the sandwich. Luckily I have enough of everything to make a few more of them.

Fig and Brie Panini with Prosciutto

(makes 1 sandwich)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
2 slices of bread (or a bun cut in half)
2 figs (sliced)
4 ounces brie (sliced)
2 slices prosciutto
olive oil

Directions:
1. Assemble the sandwich and brush the outsides with olive oil.
2. Grill until the brie is nice and melted and the bread is golden brown.

How to Make the Perfect Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Similar Recipes:
Figs Stuffed with Gorgonzola
Chipotle Chicken, Apricot and Brie Quesadillas
Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Mango Chutney
Eggplant and Mozzarella Panini
Lobster Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Fig and Prosciutto Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Fig and Gorgonzola Crostini with Honey

Top 10 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

No comments:

Post a Comment