ADS

Taco Seasoning

Taco Seasoning

Taco night was always one of my favorites when growing up and the key to good tacos is the tasty taco seasoned meat. When I was growing up tacos always meant one of those store bought taco seasoning packets which I remember fondly. I was taking a look at the ingredients in one of those taco seasoning packets recently and I noticed some surprising ingredients including a few that I had trouble pronouncing. I immediatly decided to try making my own and after a quick search I found this recipe for a taco seasoning on All Recipes. For the chili powder I used freshly toasted and ground dried chilies. I like to do it this way as I can choose which chilies to use and change the flavour and heat profile of the chili powder. I also used freshly toasted and ground cumin seeds as toasting them brings out their flavour and aroma. The taco seasoning turned out great! It was not the same as I remembered the packaged seasoning but it was really good! I definitely won't be going back to the packages.

Taco Seasoning

(makes enough to season 1 pound meat)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon chili powder (toasted and ground dried chilies)
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons cumin (toasted and ground)
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper

Directions:
1. Mix everything.

Similar Recipes:
Garam Masala

Use in:
Taco Stuffed Shells
Taco Seasoned Ground Beef
Taco Burgers
Zucchini and Corn Taco Seasoned Quinoa Salad
Hot Cheesy Bean Dip
Taco Pizza
Fajita Burgers
Taco Quesadilla Pizzas
Taco Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Taco Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment