ADS

My Top 10 Favorite Recipes in 2009

2009 went by so quickly! As has become tradition, I like to set aside some time at the end of the year to look back and from what I have seen, 2009 was certainly a tasty year! I wanted to come up with a list of my 10 favorite dishes of 2009 and in my first pass I still had well over 50 recipes and it had been really hard to get it down to that size. I was finally able to whittle it down to the following 10 recipes.


Lasagna

Lasagna - Sometimes nostalgia is hard to beat. This year I finally got around to making my favorite childhood meal, lasagna and it is still number one!



Garides Tourkolimano (Greek Shrimp)

Garides Tourkolimano (Greek Shrimp) - In 2009 I tried several really tasty Greek style shrimp and feta dishes in a tomato sauce and this stove top version was my favorite due to how quick and easy it is to make.



Asparagus and Gruyere Tart

Asparagus and Gruyere Tart - I discovered how easy it was to make amazing tarts using puff pastry and this asparagus and gruyere tart was the first and most memorable.



Singapore Chili Prawns

Singapore Chili Prawns - Another super quick and easy shrimp dish that easily makes it to the top ten dishes this year with its tasty sweet chili gravy that goes great with crusty bread or over rice.



Kimchi Quesadillas

Kimchi Quesadillas - 2009 was definitely the year of kimchi! I really enjoyed experimenting with my homemade kimchi this year and these kimchi quesadillas were my favorite. The spicy kimchi goes surprisingly well with warm melted cheese all wrapped up in crispy tortillas. Add some bacon or shiitake mushrooms to try something new for a change.



Thai Pineapple Fried Rice

Thai Pineapple Fried Rice - Shrimp dishes certainly are making a showing in the top 10 dishes this year and this Thai pineapple and prawn fried rice has it all! You can't go wrong with fried rice, but add some curry, succulent prawns, sweet and tangy pineapple, buttery cashews, raisins, peas and currents and you have something that is simply amazing! Serve this fried rice in a hollowed out pineapple shell for an impressive tabletop presentation.



Korean Short Rib Tacos

Korean Short Rib Tacos - These tacos were inspired by the tales of Kogi's Korean/Mexican fusion dishes and they turned out great! I am already planning on trying some more Korean/Mexican fusion dishes for the new year!



Mango, Avocado and Grilled Shrimp Salad with a Peanut Dressing

Mango, Avocado and Grilled Shrimp Salad with a Peanut Dressing - You just can't go wrong with juicy shrimp, creamy avocado and sweet mango! Fresh herbs and a peanut dressing with a bit of heat finish this salad off perfectly!



Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney - Mango chutney has been one of my favorite condiments ever since I discovered it but I had always bought it at the store. This year I found out that it is pretty easy to make at home and it tastes just as good!



Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Pie - Lets not forget about desserts! This pumpkin pie drizzled with salted caramel sauce definitely took the cake, I mean pie!



2009; What a tasty year indeed!

I am now looking forward to all of the tasty adventures awaiting in 2010!

Happy New Year!


May it be filled with good food and friends!

Similar Posts:
My Top 10 Favorite Recipes in 2011
Top 10 Recipes in 2009
My Top 10 Favorite Recipes in 2008
My Top 10 Favorite Recipes in 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment