ADS

Sweet Pumpkin Fritters

Sweet Pumpkin Fritters


While I was enjoying my pumpkin and feta fritters, thoughts of making a pumpkin pie with grated pumpkin were dancing through my head. I realized that all of the fritters that I had made recently were savoury fritters; Why not try a sweet fritter? Why not a sweet pumpkin pie like fritter? I immediatly set about writing up a recipe. I added a bit of sugar so that the fritters themselves would be on the sweeter side, followed by some cinnamon and spices and how could you go wrong with some raisins and nuts? The sweet pumpkin fritters turned out so well! In fact I have already made them two times. The first time I topped them with honey (Just look at the honey dripping down that stack of fritters!) and the second time I made a spiced citrus honey syrup based on the syrup that I used on the baklava french toast that I made a while ago and they were even better! They are just perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch.

Sweet Pumpkin Fritters

(makes 2 servings)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
2 cups pumpkin (grated)
1/4 cup walnuts (chopped)
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon mace
1/2 teaspoon orange zest
1/2 cup flour
1 egg
2 tablespoons oil

Directions:
1. Mix the pumpkin, walnuts, raisins, sugar, spices, flour and egg in a bowl.
2. Heat the oil in a pan.
3. Spoon the pumpkin mixture into the pan and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.

Spiced Citrus Honey Syrup



Ingredients:
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon lemon rind
1 teaspoon orange rind
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (or a cinnamon stick)

Directions:
1. Simmer everything until it takes on a syrupy consistency and then let cool.

Similar Recipes:
Pumpkin and Feta Fritters
Pumpkin Pie French Toast
Pumpkin Pie
Baklava French Toast
Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Fritters
Apple, Cheddar and Bacon Fritters in Caramel Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment