ADS

Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Panini with Cilantro Pesto and Feta

Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Panini with Cilantro Pesto and Feta

Earlier this week when I made the lamb and mint meatballs with farro risotto and cilantro pesto I made a double batch of the cilantro pesto because I wanted to make sure that I had some estra. Leftover pesto is always good and I like to use it in pastas, whole grain salads, soups and this time I had my heart set on using it in a sandwich. I still had some roasted red peppers in the freezer and I was thinking that a chicken sandwich with roasted red peppers and cilantro pesto would be good. I often like to add cheese to my sandwiches and I was thinking that goat cheese would go well in this one but I already had some feta on hand and I figured that would be just as good. I also like to try to at least try make my sandwiches look a bit healthy so I often add some green in the form of lettuce or in this case some baby spinach. I thought that the sandwich was all done and then while I was thinking about the mediterranean flavours going on, inspiration struck and I knew that I would just have to add a touch of hot smoked paprika!

The sandwich was easy to make and it turned out great! The sweet roasted red pepper went well with the salty feta and the cilantro pesto added a really nice touch of the exotic that rounded out the flavours nicely. Just look at how the feta was starting to melt and ooze out spreading its goodness throughout the sandwich! Adding the smoked paprika was the right call as it really made this sandwich with the hint of smokiness and the touch of heat!

Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Panini with Cilantro Pesto and Feta

(makes 1 sandwich)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
1 chicken breast (pounded thin)
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
2 slices of bread (or 1 bun)
1/2 roasted red pepper
1 handful baby spinach
2 tablespoons cilantro pesto
1 handful feta (mashed)
1/2 tablespoon olive oil

Directions:
1. Dust the chicken with the paprika and season it with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the oil in a pan.
3. Add the chicken and cook until it is golden brown on both sides and cooked all the way through, about 4-7 minutes per side.
4. Assemble sandwich, brush both sides with olive oil and grill until golden brown on both sides.

Similar Recipes:
Grilled Portobello and Roasted Red Pepper Sandwich with Pistachio Pesto
Balsamic Glazed Chicken Sandwich with Roasted Red Peppers and Goat Cheese
Grilled Vegetable Panini
Roasted Red Pepper, Pistachio and Feta Stuffed Chicken
Spinach Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Sundried Tomato Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Grilled Goat Cheese and Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Sandwich
Marinated Roasted Red Pepper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Grilled Chicken and Club Sandwich
Grilled Eggplant and Roasted Red Pepper Sandwich with Halloumi
Moroccan Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Preserved Lemon Tapenade and Harissa Mayo

No comments:

Post a Comment