ADS

Misoyaki Salmon

Misoyaki Salmon


It had been a while since I had done a misoyaki dish. A misoyaki dish is similar to a teriyaki dish where the meat is marinated in a sweet and salty miso sauce. I had always done misoyaki with pork cutlets but I recently came across a post about misoyaki salmon. Salmon is probably my favorite fish and I hardly need an excuse to try it misoyaki style. I normally marinate the pork for just an hour before cooking it but I decided to try marinating the salmon overnight for even more flavour. It turned out to really good. The salmon was tender, juicy, sweet and salty. The next time I think I would like to try the misoyaki with the black cod that is mentioned in the post. I have never had black cod and it sounds interesting.

You can easily change the saltiness, sweetness, smoothness, and liquidity of the misoyaki sauce by changing the ratio of the ingredients. All of the ingredients should be available in the Asian section of your grocery store or at a local Asian grocery store. You can marinate for just an hour or up to several days. Once the marinading is done the meal cooks in a matter of minutes. You can marinate pretty much any type of meat. I would also imagine that the misoyaki sauce would go well on vegetables.

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons miso
1 tablespoon sake
1 tablespoon mirin
1 tablespoon soy
1 tablespoon sugar
1 serving salmon

Directions
1. Mix the miso, sake, mirin, soy and sugar in a bowl.
2. Place the salmon, and miso sauce in a ziplock bag and marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight.
3. Bake the salmon in a preheated 450F oven for a few minutes (the exact time will depend on how thick the salmon is).
4. Broil the salmon until golden brown on top, about 1-3 minutes.

Similar Recipes:
Salmon Teriyaki
Pan Seared Salmon on Spinach in Tarragon Sauce
Pan Seared Salmon on Thai Curried Spinach
Pan Seared Salmon with Dill Sour Cream Sauce
Broiled Halibut with Orange and Miso Glaze
Salmon Bulgogi

No comments:

Post a Comment