ADS

Wagyu Burgers

Wagyu Bacon Cheese Burger


It seems that I have been on a bit of a quest for the ultimate burger lately and I think that I may have found it. Last time I tried getting a nice high quality fatty ground beef and paying attention to the details when preparing and cooking the burgers. Although the burgers turned out great I had another idea to try; wagyu beef. Wagyu is a breed of cattle whose meat is predisposed to fatty marbling. The fat is important for burgers as it adds flavour and it helps to keep the burgers nice and moist and juicy when they are cooked. The wagyu beef promised to make a juicy and tasty burger indeed!

When making burgers I often spice them up a bit and one of my favorite ways to do that is with Montreal steak spice. This time however, I wanted to get the full wagyu beef experience so I seasoned them simply with just salt and pepper. Despite the simple seasoning the wagyu burgers turned out great! I enjoyed the first one topped simply with lettuce and tomato so that I could really taste the wagyu beef. (Of course if you prefer you can top the burger any way you like and certainly the bacon and cheese version makes for a much better photo.) The wagyu burger was nice and juicy and tender and it was easily the best burger that I have ever had! Because the wagyu beef is a bit more expensive I don't think that I will be using it all the time but it will certainly be making appearances for special occasions.

Wagyu Burgers

(makes 4 servings)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds ground wagyu beef
salt and pepper to taste
4 buns
lettuce (optional)
tomatoes (sliced, optional)

Directions:
1. Season the ground beef with salt and pepper.
2. Form into 4 patties 3/4 inches thick and press your thumb into the middle to form a depression on top prevent bulging.
3. Brush the patties with oil, place on grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, about 3-5 minutes per side.
4. Set aside, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
5. Assemble burgers to taste.

Similar Recipes:
Burgers Smothered in a Caramelized Onion, Mushroom and Blue Cheese Sauce
Bulgogi Burgers
Biftekia Gemista (Feta Stuffed Burgers)
Fajita Burgers
Bacon Double Cheese Burger Dip
Bacon Double Cheese Burger Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment