ADS

Maple Cranberry Sauce

Cranberry Sauce


One of my favorite parts of a holiday dinner is the cranberry sauce. It seems that the cranberry sauce only makes an appearance once or twice a year so it is one of the things that I look forward to. I think that cranberry sauce goes really well with turkey and I tend to use it like gravy on the turkey. I thought it would be nice to try replacing the sugar with maple syrup. This was my first time making cranberry sauce and I was a little surprised when the cranberries started bursting. I was not expecting the popping sound. The cranberry sauce turned out pretty good and it was really easy to make. I ended up with a lot of leftover cranberry sauce which was good as there was a lot of leftover turkey to go with it.

Ingredients:
2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup maple syrup (or sugar)
1/2 cup water (or orange juice or apple cider, etc.)

Directions:
1. Bring everything to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the cranberries burst and the sauce starts to thicken, about 10-15 minutes.

Similar Recipes:
Gingered Cranberry Sauce
Cranberry Sauce with Pinot Noir
Jalapeno Cranberry Sauce
Cranberry Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment