ADS

Broccoli au Gratin

Broccoli Gratin


"Broccoli and Cheese" is a dish that my mother often makes for holiday dinners. Since I will not get the chance to have hers this holiday season, I thought that I would try making it myself. Unfortunately I was not able to get the recipe from her before I made it and I had to pull it from memory. Broccoli is one of my favorite vegetables and I happily eat it plain, but melted cheese makes almost anything better! It turned out pretty good. The crisp croutons and almond slivers add a nice crunchy contrast to the soft broccoli and cheese. Overall this makes a pretty simple and tasty side dish. When I get the chance I will have to see how close I got the recipe.

Broccoli Gratin

Ingredients:
1 bunch broccoli
1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
1 clove garlic
2 green onions (chopped)
1 cup croutons
2 tablespoons almond slivers (toasted)

Directions:
1. Steam the broccoli until just tender, about 4-6 minutes.
2. Place the broccoli in an 9x9 inch baking dish.
3. Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour on top of the broccoli.
4. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the cheese is golden brown, about 30 minutes.

Croutons

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon oil
1 clove garlic (crushed)
1 cup bread (cut into cubes)
salt and pepper to taste.

Directions:
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the garlic and saute for a few minutes.
3. Let the oil cool and absorb the garlic flavour.
4. Toss the bread, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
5. Toast the bread in an oven until golden brown.

Similar Recipes:
Broccoli Casserole
Potatoes au Gratin
Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche with a Brown Rice Crust

No comments:

Post a Comment