ADS

Edamame Salad

Edamame Salad

I recently tried edamame (soy beans) for the first time at a Japanese restaurant. It was served as an appetizer in the shells with a seasoning on it. I quite enjoyed it. I remembered bookmarking a recipe for a shelled edamame salad that looked good. The next time that I went to my local Japanese grocery store I picked up a bag of the shelled frozen edamame. The shelled edamame is super easy to cook, you just boil it for a few minutes and it is done. The edamame salad was pretty good. I really liked the texture and flavour of the beans. The dressing was nice and tasty and the almonds added a nice crunch. Of course the mint added a nice refreshing touch to the salad. The next time I make this I think that I will try it with shiso leaves. Once made the salad kept well in the fridge. I was able to enjoy it for a few nights during the week.

Ingredients:
1 pound shelled edamame
1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon chili sauce
1/4 cup sliced almonds (toasted)
2 green onions (chopped)
1/4 cup chopped basil
1/4 cup chopped mint

Directions:
1. Cook the edemame by boiling them for 3 minutes.
2. Drain and let cool.
3. Mix everything else in a bowl.
4. Toss the edamame in the dressing to coat.

Similar Recipes:
Edamame Dip
Peas with Pancetta and Shallots
Green Vegetables with Black Sesame Paste
Green Vegetables with Miso and Mustard Sauce

Take a look at the Weekend Herb Blogging roundup at Kuchenlatein.

No comments:

Post a Comment