ADS

Steak Chimichurri

Steak with Chimichurri Sauce

Chimichurri is a parsley based sauce from Argentina that is commonly used to season steak and other grilled meats. Over the last while I have been seeing some mouth watering posts about steak with chimichurri sauce and I had to try it. Though parsley may not be my favorite herb, it is probably the herb that I use most often and I liked the sound of a steak dressed simply with a tasty parsley sauce. I could not get the thought of a medium rare steak out of my mind so I decided to make steak with the chimichurri sauce. I seasoned the steak simply with just salt and pepper to allow the chimichurri sauce to be the star of the show. Ideally you would grill the steak but I do not have access to a grill so I pan seared the steak in a bit of oil until just medium rare. The steak with chimichurri sauce was good! The chimichurri sauce was nice and cool and refreshing and at the same time it had a touch of heat.

Steak Chimichurri


Ingredients:
1 pound steak (cut of choice)
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon oil
1 batch chimichurri sauce

Directions:
1. Season the steak with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the oil in a pan.
3. Add the steaks and sear at high heat until done to your preference, about 2-4 minutes per side for rare to medium rare.
4. Set the steak aside, let rest for a 5 minutes and then slice it thinly.
5. Serve topped with a generous serving of chimichurri sauce.

Similar Recipes:
Chimichurri Steak Sandwiches with Roasted Corn and Red Pepper Salsa
Carne Asada
Ribeye Steak in Red Wine Sauce
Steak Tenderloin in a Green Peppercorn Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment