ADS

Strawberry Frozen Yogurt

Strawberry Frozen Yogurt

It has been almost a year since I picked up an ice cream maker and I have been enjoying home made frozen treats since. So far I've made a few ice creams and a sorbet and I now wanted to try something different. I realized that I have not tried making one of my favorite frozen dishes, a frozen yogurt. I had to fix that immediately. Strawberries were the obvious choice since they are in season and looking so good. One of the things that I like most about making my own ice cream is the simplicity of the recipes. There are only a few ingredients and you can pronounce all of them. This recipe is a perfect example with only four simple ingredients. One thing that you may want to watch out for in this recipe is the sweetness. Plain yogurt can be a bit tart so you will want to test the mixture for sweetness before freezing it. The strawberry frozen yogurt was good! I really enjoyed the texture of the frozen yogurt and the strawberry flavour. Next time I think I will leave some bigger chunks of strawberries in.

Ingredients:
3 cups strawberries (sliced)
1 lemon (juice)
1 cup sugar
2 cups yogurt

Directions:
1. Heat the strawberries, lemon juice and sugar and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Remove from the heat and mash the strawberries.
3. Let cool then mix in the yogurt and test for sweetness.
4. Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.
5. Freeze according to the instructions for your ice cream machine.

Similar Recipes:
Roasted Strawberry Balsamic Ice Cream
Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Blueberry Maple Pecan Frozen Yogurt

Take a look at the Frozen Yogurt roundup on Siri's Corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment