ADS

Blueberry Maple Pecan Frozen Yogurt

Blueberry Maple Pecan Frozen Yogurt

Last week the food blogging sphere was full of blueberry sour cream ice cream and that got me craving some blueberry ice cream. Luckily the farmers market was still full of blueberries on the weekend I picked some up. Although I wanted to try a sour cream ice cream, frozen yogurt was calling my name. I could not resist pairing the blueberries with maple syrup and I used some to replace a bit of the sugar. Frozen yogurt can be a little tart so you have to use more sweetener than with normal ice cream. It is a good idea to add the sugar a bit at a time and taste test until you get it to the desired sweetness. Since I already had blueberries and maple I decided to add the third part of my current favorite trio of flavours, some toasted pecans. The blueberry, maple and pecan frozen yogurt turned out really well. The blueberry flavour was nice and strong there was a nice hint of maple. I really enjoyed the texture of the frozen yogurt and the toasted pecans added a nice contrast. Of course you have to melt all of the frozen yogurt in your mouth to find all of the pecan bits so you get to enjoy it longer.

Ingredients:
2 cups blueberries
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup pecans (toasted and chopped)
2 cups plain yogurt

Directions:
1. Heat the blueberries, sugar and maple syrup and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Remove from the heat.
3. Let cool then mix in the yogurt along with the pecans and test for sweetness.
4. Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.
5. Freeze according to the instructions for your ice cream machine.

Similar Recipes:
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
Blueberry and Maple Pecan Granola Parfait
No Bake Cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment