ADS

Tuna and Cannellini Bean Salad

Tuna and Cannellini Bean Salad

Normally I like to plan the weeks meals ahead and have recipes written and a grocery list ready for shopping on the weekend. This week however I did not have the chance to prepare and I have been winging it. At times like these it is always good to fall back on pantry staples. I always seem to have cans of tuna and beans in my pantry/cupboard and I was thinking that a tuna and bean salad would be a nice place to start. My first thought was to go with a mayonnaise based creamy dressing but I wanted something a bit lighter having just got back from my vacation and I decided to go with a simple lemon and mustard vinaigrette. Of course some fresh vegetables and herbs brighten up any salad and I picked some up on the way home from work. The salad was quick and simple to make which was nice as I have been pretty busy and it tasted good as well. Overall it was a nice light meal.

Ingredients:
1 6 ounce can water packed tuna (drained and flaked)
1 19 ounce can cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
1 small red onion (chopped)
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1 handful chopped parsley
1 handful kalamata olives (pitted and chopped, optional)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
1 handful salad greens

Directions:
1. Mix the tuna, beans, onion, garlic and parsley in a bowl.
2. Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl.
3. Mix the dressing and the tuna and beans.

Similar Recipes:
Asparagus and Zucchini Farro Salad
Roasted Asparagus and Red Pepper Farro Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment