ADS

Pumpkin Butter

Pumpkin Butter

It seems that I have been on quite the pumpkin kick lately! I sure have been enjoying the trip and the next stop was pumpkin butter. I had seen pumpkin butter popping up on the food blogging sphere and it sounded good. Last year I enjoyed an apple butter that I had made and I used that recipe as a starting point. The pumpkin butter was super easy to make as I already had some home made pumpkin puree on hand. The pumpkin butter was so good! If you like pumpkin will really like pumpkin butter. The pumpkin flavour is amazingly concentrated and good. The spices are reminiscent of pumpkin pie and there is a hint of apples in the background from the cider. So far I have been enjoying the pumpkin butter on toast in addition to by the spoon.

Ingredients:
2 cups pumpkin puree
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup apple cider
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves

Directions:
1. Simmer everything in a pot until most of the liquid has evaporated and the sauce has thickened.

Similar Recipes:
Apple Butter
Roasted Apple Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment