ADS

Minestrone


When the weather gets colder, and if you are a bit under the weather, a hearty bowl of minestrone soup would be a good idea for comfort food. I made the soup over the weekend and my family simply loves it. I added some dried tomatoes and spinach pasta. I like my minestrone soup to be colorful. You can add any kind of pasta of your choice. As for the beans, I usually add tin chickpeas. But then again, I don't have any in my pantry, so I substitute it with cannellini beans instead.


Minestrone

Ingredients

2 Carrots, chopped
4 Celery ribs, chopped
2 medium Yellow Onion, peeled and chopped
2 cloves Garlic, chopped
1 small Savoy Cabbage, chopped
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
200g of tin White Cannellini Beans, drained
1 tin(796ml) Roma Tomatoes, drained and chopped
120g dried Pasta
10 cups Chicken Stock
1 tsp Sugar
A handful of fresh herbs (basil, rosemary, italian parsley) chopped
Sea salt to taste
Freshly Ground Black Pepper

Method

In a large saucepan, add the olive oil and cook the chopped onion with sugar. Saute briefly and mix in the garlic.

Add the carrots, celery, herbs and savoy cabbage. Cook for about 5 minutes. Then add the chicken stock. Bring it to a boil and cook for 20 minutes.

Then add the tomatoes, cannellini beans and dried pasta. Cook for another 10 minutes. Season with sea salt and black pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment