ADS

My Top 10 Favorite Recipes in 2008

Since it is the end of the year I thought that I would take some time and look over the last year. 2008 certainly was a tasty year! I discovered a lot of new flavours and cuisines and I had a great time doing it. Food blogging was certainly one of the highlights of 2008 and I am looking forward to new tasty adventures in 2009!

Have a great New Years Eve and a happy new year everyone!!

I will leave you with favorite recipes from 2008:


Tacos al Pastor

Tacos al Pastor - On the top of my favourites list in 2008 are these tacos where the pork is slowly roasted with pineapple. Sweet and tangy pineapple is then added to the tacos filling and it is an absolutely amazing combination with the fresh chopped sweet onions and cilantro!



Pad Thai

Pad Thai - Thai cuisine is one of my favorites and this year I finally got around to trying to make one of the classics, pad thai, at home. Although it took me a few tries, I finally nailed it and with this recipe you will never want the takeout version again.



Roasted Butternut Squash and Caramelized Onion Pizza with Gorgonzola and Crispy Fried Sage

Roasted Butternut Squash and Caramelized Onion Pizza with Gorgonzola and Crispy Fried Sage - What a mouthful! The flavour combination on this pizza was surprisingly good! I am already contemplating using the flavour combination in several more dishes.



Garides Saganaki (Shrimp Saganaki)

Garides Saganaki (Shrimp Saganaki) - This recipe was inspired by a dish that I had while on vacation in Greece. I never would have thought to bake shrimp in a tomato and feta sauce but, it is so good! Make sure that you have some crusty bread on hand to soak up and remaining sauce!



No Bake Cheesecake

No Bake Cheesecake - This recipe is also on the most popular list for 2008 and with good reason! If you like cheesecake, and I really do, then this quick and simple no bake cheesecake is perfect for when you don't have the time to bake a regular cheesecake.



Shrimp Scampi

Shrimp Scampi - There is just something magical about shrimp cooked in a bit of butter along with some garlic, lemon and white wine. Shrimp cooked in this fashion works great on pasta or on pizza or even by itself.



Spanakopita (Greek Spinach Pie)

Spanakopita (Greek Spinach Pie) - The spinach, feta and dill combination all wrapped up in light and flaky, golden brown phyllo is so good and I just can't get enough of it!



Kare (Japanese Curry)

Kare (Japanese Curry) - Another of my favorite dishes that also appears on the most popular recipes in 2008 list! Japanese curry is a bit thicker, sweeter and milder than your typical curry and it is so good!



Hot Cheesy Crab, Spinach and Artichoke Dip

Hot Cheesy Crab, Spinach and Artichoke Dip - If you like the hot spinach and artichoke dip that appears on this years most popular posts list then you will love this decadent version that replaces the artichokes with crab!



Nanaimo Bars

Nanaimo Bars - I have been enjoying this Canadian treat for years and this year I finally got around to making it myself and the results were amazing! These bars are best served chilled.



Similar Posts:
My Top 10 Favorite Recipes in 2011
My Top 10 Favorite Recipes in 2009
Top 10 Recipes in 2008
My Top 10 Favorite Recipes in 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment