ADS

Apple Butter Cookies


This is an original recipe for Pineapple Tarts. I have replaced the pineapple jam with apple butter. They tasted just as good. And guess what? Chinese New Year's around the corner, I'm sure I will be posting more recipes on cookies and possibly the "real" pineapple cookies too!

Now, this wasn't supposed to be a thumbprint cookie. I planned to make the cookies using a nastar cookie press. (The mould for the pineapple tarts) Err... What happened to be, I thought that I had them but, after searching high and low (being dramatic here) for about 10 minutes, I gave up! So, I thought why not just roll them into thumbprint cookies instead? It's easier and effortless! However, I had encountered another problem. I have long nails, and I can't press the pastry with my thumb. (It will be more like a jab!) Sigh! Sigh! So, I searched my cutlery drawers and voila! I found a mini melon scooper, perfect! Thank goodness for all the unused gadgets in my kitchen! See, I knew one day they will come in handy! Money well spent! LOL!!

Well, for the Apple Butter recipe, I used Kevin's of Closet Cooking recipe. They were really good. I did not use all the sugar because I made the apple butter with Golden Delicious Apples. The apples themselves were very sweet. Anyway, I suggest if you plan to use the apple butter for baking, then cook them slightly longer, as they will become drier and the texture is better for baking. Btw, Kevin, thanks for sharing the recipes. :)


Apple Butter Cookie

Ingredients

1 cup of Apple Butter
2 stick (225 g) Unsalted Butter, softened
50 g Confectioner Sugar
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
2 Large Egg Yolks
350 g All Purpose Flour, sifted
50 g Corn Flour, sifted
1 extra Egg for egg wash, lightly beaten

Method

Preheat the oven to 180˚C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.

In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Beat until they are well combined and add the egg yolks and all the flours and knead to form a soft dough.

Shape the dough into small ball and press the middle of the pastry with your thumb. Top it with some apple butter and then the egg wash.

Bake the cookies for about 20 minutes. Cool on the rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment