ADS

Turkey and Cranberry Sushi

Turkey and Cranberry Sushi

I had just a bit of leftover turkey left and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. A while ago I had come across a post about turkey sushi on Beach Lover's Kitchen that had sounded really interesting. I always enjoy eating sushi out but I had only tried to make it at home once before and it was just a simple cucumber sushi. It was the perfect chance to try making sushi at home again even if it was not a more classical sushi. I still had some cranberry sauce left and there was no question that that would go into the turkey sushi and I thought that I would finish it off with some creamy avocado. I still need more practice rolling sushi but despite the fact that the turkey was not in the center of the roll the turkey and cranberry sushi turned out really well. The cool, creamy and savoury avocado and mayonnaise went surprisingly well with the sweet and tart cranberry sauce and turkey. The seasoned rice and nori finished it off nicely for a light great tasting meal.

My turkey leftovers are all gone now but I had a great time with them. I think that I might have even enjoyed the leftovers more than original meal. I am looking forward to the next time I have roast turkey.

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup rice short grain rice (sushi rice) (cooked as directed)
4 sheets nori
1 cup turkey (cooked and shredded)
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
4 tablespoons cranberry sauce
1 avocado (stoned, scooped and cut into thin strips)

Directions:
1. Heat the vinegar, sugar and salt until dissolved.
2. Pour the liquid on the warm rice and let sit for a few minutes.
3. Place rice on nori to cover half of the sheet.
4. Mix the turkey and the mayonnaise and place on the rice in a single line.
5. Add the cranberry sauce and avocado.
6. Roll the nori up and slice into bite sized pieces.

Similar Recipes:
Turkey and Cranberry Quesadillas
Turkey Sandwich with Cranberry Sauce
Turkey, Cranberry and Blue Cheese Wrap
Buffalo Chicken Sushi

No comments:

Post a Comment