ADS

Pomegranate Agar-Agar


Pomegranate is one of my favorite fruits but not for my kids. They seem to think why would someone wanted to eat "seeds"! I have tried convinced them to like pomegranate earlier but with no luck until last evening. Okay, I know how much they love my Rose Water agar-agar that I often make for them. So, I was thinking why not adding some sweet and juicy pomegranate in the agar-agar? The result?

Well, I'm proud to say that I did it! My kids are into pomegranate now! LOL! Anyway, I find that the combination of Rose Water really compliments well with pomegranate. The agar-agar is very refreshing with a hint of sweet rose aroma.



Pomegranate Agar-Agar

Ingredients

1 Packet 42.5 g (1.5 oz) Agar-Agar
12 cups of Water
200 g Sugar
5 Tbsp Rose Water
2 drops of Red Coloring
3 Pandanus Leaves, cleaned and knotted
2 Pomegranate, peeled

Method

In a large pot, boil the agar-agar and pandanus leaves with water. Let is simmer for about 15 minutes. Then add sugar and stir until both the agar-agar and sugar dissolves.

Add the rose water and a few drops of red food coloring. Strained and pour into a mold. Let it cool slightly and add the pomegranate. Chilled in refrigerator. Serve the agar-agar cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment