ADS

Sichuan Peppercorn Tenderloin Steak

Sichuan Peppercorn Tenderloin Steak

For my new years day dinner I wanted something tasty and yet easy to make. I had picked up some beef tenderloin a while ago when it was on sale and I cut it into steaks and froze the extras for later. I was thinking that a steak dinner would be nice and I remembered the steak in green peppercorn sauce that I had recently tried and enjoyed. Thinking about the peppercorns reminded me of sichuan peppercorns that I had discovered in 2008. Sichuan peppercorns have an amazing aroma and a mouth numbing property that is really nice. I was thinking that a simple sichuan peppercorn steak would be just the thing for my new years meal. I seasoned the steaks with some salt and crusted the steaks with both sichuan peppercorns and black peppercorns and seared them quickly on both sides. The sichuan peppercorn steak was nice and juicy with a crunchy crust that was both spicy and mouth numbingly good! I served the steak with some baby bok choy and shiitake mushrooms.

I hope everyone is enjoying new years day!

Ingredients:
2 tenderloin steaks
salt to taste
2 tablespoons black peppercorns (crushed)
2 tablespoons sichuan peppercorns (crushed)
1 tablespoon oil

Directions:
1. Season the steaks with salt to taste.
2. Press the peppercorns into the steaks on both sides.
3. Heat the oil in a pan.
4. Add the steaks and sear at medium high on both sides, about 2-4 minutes per side.
5. Set aside and let rest for a few minutes.

Similar Recipes:
Steak Tenderloin in Pink Peppercorn Sauce
Steak Tenderloin in a Green Peppercorn Sauce
Steak Tenderloin in a Mushroom and Blue Cheese Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment