ADS

Kimchi, Bacon and Shiitake Mushroom Pizza

Kimchi, Bacon and Shiitake Mushroom Pizza


These days I almost always have a batch of kimchi going in the fridge and my latest batch was ready. I could not wait to to try it and I knew exactly what I wanted to make, a kimchi pizza. Kimchi generally comes with a lot of liquid so you often need to squeeze the excess off. When making some dishes such as the kimchi quesadillas you even need to think about removing some of the moisture from the fermented cabbage to make sure that you do not end up with a soggy quesadilla. With a pizza however, I figured that all of that flavour packed kimchi juice would make the perfect pizza sauce. Bacon goes so well with kimchi that I did not even think about making the kimchi pizza without it and you couldn't have a pizza without some cheese. I still wanted something else on the pizza and I thought that some shiitake mushrooms would do well. Since I had just cooked some bacon I lightly sauteed the mushrooms in the grease before adding to the pizza to get even more of that bacon flavour. After the pizza came out of the oven I finished it off with some fresh sliced green onions and some toasted sesame seeds. The kimchi and bacon pizza with shiitake mushrooms exceeded all of my expectations! The spicy kimchi all covered with gooey melted cheese went so well with the salty bacon and everything worked really well in pizza form including the kimchi juice 'pizza sauce'. I am going to have to make this again soon!

Kimchi, Bacon and Shiitake Mushroom Pizza


Kimchi, Bacon and Shiitake Mushroom Pizza

(makes 1 pizza)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
4 strips bacon (cut into 1 inch slices)
4 ounces shiitake mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
1 cup kimchi (chopped)
1 cup mozzarella cheese (grated)
1 pizza dough
2 green onions (sliced)
1 tables sesame seeds (toasted)

Directions:
1. Cook the bacon in a pan and set aside.
2. Add the mushrooms and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Assemble pizza.
4. Bake in a preheated 500F oven until golden brown, about 5-10 minutes.
5. Serve garnished with green onions and sesame seeds.

Similar Recipes:
Kimchi Quesadillas
Kimchi Jun (Kimchi Pancake)
Thai Chicken Pizza with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Kimchi, Bacon and Shiitake Mushroom Omelette
Kimchi Egg Salad Sandwich
Kimchi Chicken Salad Sandwich
Kimchi Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Gochujang Ketchup for Dipping
BBQ Chicken Pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment