ADS

Thyme and Rosemary Roasted Turkey Breast

Turkey Dinner


This weekend I cooked the first of my holiday dinners. I was still not ready to try cooking a whole turkey so I decided to go with just the breast. I roasted it in the oven with some herbs and vegetables. I picked up a meat thermometer so it was pretty easy to tell when the turkey was done. It turned out pretty good. The turkey was moist and tender. The skin did not come out crispy though. The next time I will turn the oven to broil for the last few minutes to see if I can make the skin turn golden brown and get nice and crispy. Overall it was not bad for my first attempt at roasted turkey. I served the turkey with cranberry sauce, broccoli gratin, sweet potato casserole and salad.

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons oil
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 tablespoon rosemary (chopped)
1 teaspoon thyme (chopped)
1 turkey breast (skin on, rinsed and patted dry)
2 carrots
2 stalks celery
1 onion (roughly chopped)
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1 cup chicken stock
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the garlic, rosemary and thyme and saute for a few minutes.
3. Let the oil cool and then rub it onto the turkey breast.
4. Place the carrots, celery and onions in the bottom of a roasting pan.
5. Place the turkey breast on top of the vegetables in the pan.
6. Roast in a 325F oven until the middle of the turkey gets to 160F, about 2.5-3 hours.
7. Place the turkey on a cutting board and cover loosely with foil. Let it rest for about 30 minutes.
8. Mix the flour, chicken stock, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of the turkey drippings in a sauce pan and simmer until it thickens.

Oven Roasted Turkey Breast


Turkey Dinner


Similar Recipes:
Parmesan and Sage Roasted Turkey Breast
Maple and Chipotle Roasted Turkey Breast

No comments:

Post a Comment