ADS

Jamaican Jerk Chicken

Jamaican Jerk Chicken Dinner

I had been wanting to try exploring Jamaican cuisine for a while and a jerk spice was the first thing on my to try list. A jerk spice is spicy marinade for meats that primarily consists of allspice and scotch bonnet peppers. I had heard a lot of good things abut the scotch bonnet pepper, mainly being that it was nice and hot, and I had been wanting to try it. The remaining ingredients in the jerk mix can pretty varied. I found a bunch of recipes and picked and chose what I liked from them and I came up with this one. Because the scotch bonnet peppers were supposed to be really hot I started the marinade with just one and tasted it. It was pretty mild so in went a second followed by a third. I was thinking that the spice level would go up as the marinade sat and did its job so I stopped at three. Although the final result was nice and spicy I think I will go with five the next time that I make this.

For the first use of the jerk marinade I decided to do a jerk chicken dinner. I Marinated some chicken thighs in the jerk marinade overnight and roasted it in the oven. A nice and simple dish. The jerked chicken was nice and tasty. I really enjoyed the combination of flavours in the jerk spice mix. The jerk seasoning was spicy but not as hot as I would have liked. I served the jerked chicken with a simple mango and red pepper salsa to cool things down a bit and some Jamaican red beans and rice. Overall it was a really tasty meal!

Jamaican Jerk Chicken

Jerk Chicken


Ingredients:
1 pound chicken (skin on)
jerk marinate

Directions:
1. Marinate the chicken in the jerk marinade for a day turning a few times.
2. Bake in a preheated 400F oven for 40-50 minutes turning once in the middle.

Similar Recipes:
Jerked Pulled Pork Wraps with Mango and Banana Relish
Jerked Chicken with Mango and Avocado Salad
Curried Honey Dijon Roasted Chicken
Maple and Chipotle Roasted Turkey
Chicken Baked in Green Tomato and Jalapeno Jam
Jamaican Jerk Burgers with Pineapple and Banana Relish
Jerk Fish on Coconut Rice Topped with Banana and Pineapple Salsa
Grilled Jerk Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers

No comments:

Post a Comment